Sunday, January 30, 2011

Omar's 5th Birthday Cupcakes

First of all, I absolutely love the colors green and blue together. They just look amazing next to one another. This order was different then anything I've done before. As you have probably already noticed, I'm usually focused on patterns and texture.

I was asked to do little shapes to stick on top of the cupcakes. I must admit, at first I wasn't too sure about it since I haven't practiced things like that before, but there's a first time for everything so I thought I should give it a try. I played around with gum paste and tried to come up with simple yet cute shapes and figures.  I liked it, it was fun, creative, and another thing I learned and will use in future creations.

✿ ✿ ✿


✿ ✿ ✿


✿ ✿ ✿


✿ ✿ ✿

2 comments:

  1. Excellant - and yes, green and blue do look fantastic together don't they.
    Love the little toppers you made -
    They whole diplay looks very affective
    :)

    Maxine

    ReplyDelete