Monday, June 13, 2011

Cupcake Bouquet

I've been wanting to do a cupcake bouquet for a while, finally here it is!

One of my close friends was having a surprise baby shower for one of her friends. She asked me to do the cupcakes for her, and since she didn't ask for anything specific I decided to give the bouquet a shot.I've watched a hand full of tutorials on how to make a cupcake bouquet but non of them had what I wanted. After a long day of research, I decided to come up with my own. :-D

Just a little side note, I've been asked often lately to do a tutorial, and I promise I will soon.

Now back to my main subject, I used 21 cupcakes for this bouquet. Although, for future projects, I think I'll be using more. The leaves are not edible, they're made out of silk-like fabric.

✿ ✿ ✿


✿ ✿ ✿


✿ ✿ ✿


✿ ✿ ✿



✿ ✿ ✿



✿ ✿ ✿


✿ ✿ ✿



It breaks my heart to say that this master piece didn't make it to the baby shower. It fell an hour after the photo shoot, and I was so devastated. )-: But I am glad I got to take pictures of it before it happened. I ended up making the cupcakes below as my last minute backup. They're not nearly as fancy, but they had to do. 


✿ ✿ ✿



✿ ✿ ✿


✿ ✿ ✿


✿ ✿ ✿

4 comments:

  1. Far more on the of the pretties cupcake bouquet,I have seen. I feel sorry for you, that it did´nt last. I have seen some tutorial on cake central. But I have never tried one yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Misbah, you should try it, you will be surprised what you can do ...lol I was :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOOhhhh petal - it fell - i would have cried - (maybe you shed a tear also)
    So lovely - so glad you got the snaps to show us.

    Honestly - every cupcake you make is gorgeous - please, never sell yourself short - your work is wonderful.

    I have often wondered what BC you use as every swirl and petal look so soft - and yet so sturdy.
    Love looking at your creations.



    M waves hello - long time no chat :)

    Maxine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Maxine my husband was waiting for me to cry lol that's how bad it was... but I didn't!
    I'm thankful that I took pictures & happy it wasn't an order. I don't think I can do it all over again lol
    Thank you for your kind words M you make me feel so important :D
    I just use the normal BC nothing special really..
    Thanks again
    Talk to you soon :)

    ReplyDelete